Testing will be performed at our testing center located at:
1285 Second Avenue (Between 67th & 68th Streets), New York, NY 10065
Patients will be accepted by appointment only. Test results will be available the same day.
Please read the following information carefully:
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly-discovered Coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2. Most people infected with SARS-CoV-2 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people and those with underlying medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, cancer or those on immunosuppressants are more likely to develop serious illness or death. The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is to be well informed about the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the disease, and how it spreads. You can protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands frequently or using an alcohol-based sanitizer. SARS CoV-2 spreads primarily through respiratory droplets discharged from the nose or mouth when an infected person coughs or sneezes, although it is possible to become infected by close contact with an individual without symptoms, or from aerosolized virus, or, less commonly, from hand to face contact from surfaces which contain SARS-CoV-2.
What steps you need to take in order to get tested:
- Complete a form located at the bottom of this page (add this instead). Please make sure that ALL sections are filled out – we will not be scheduling your appointment if some of your information is missing or incomplete. You must list a referring/primary care provider who your results should be sent to.
- Make sure to indicate preferred date and time for your appointment.
- Arrive on time.
The following tests will be performed in our clinic:
- SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Test -VITROS FDA-authorized COVID-19 Antibody Test.
Antibody serology (blood based) tests can identify individuals who have developed an immune response to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These tests can tell whether someone was recently infected with Coronavirus COVID-19 (also known as SARS-CoV-2) whether they were symptomatic or not.
This test measures the SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody, which is most closely correlates with ongoing protection.
- BioFire real time PCR Comprehensive Respiratory Panel RP 2.1
The BioFire® real time PCR test is intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 and other common respiratory pathogens in nasopharyngeal swabs collected in transport media from individuals suspected of COVID-19 or other respiratory infection by their healthcare provider. This test can also be used to identify individuals who have asymptomatic or silent infection. This is important because those who are infected, whether symptomatic or not, can transmit this infection to household members and others they come in contact with. Positive results are indicative of the presence of SARS-CoV-2 or other pathogens, but correlation with clinical and complete diagnostic information is necessary to determine infection status.
BioFire has discontinued production of single COVID-19 test pouches and RP 2.1 panel will be the only PCR test offered by our laboratory.
BioFire FilmArray RP 2.1 panel tests for the following pathogens:
Please consult your primary care doctor to find out which test is right for you.
We accept the following insurance for COVID-19 testing:
- BCBS PPO
- Aetna PPO
- Cigna PPO
- GHI (not HIP)
We do not accept Medicaid, HMO plans, or any insurance plans through Marketplace.
Please call your insurance provider prior to your appointment to make sure that our practice is in-network.
How much do these services cost?
Cost of services for self-pay patients
|BioFire RP 2.1 Respiratory Panel $395|
|COVID-19 Antibody Test $220|
COVID-19 PCR + Antibody Test $520
If you are required to provide an official letter/certificate stamped and signed by a physician, for travel or other reasons, with proof of a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test results, please let our scheduling team know when you schedule your appointment. Please note that a fee of $35 applies.
Cost of testing for patients insured with BCBS PPO, Aetna PPO, Cigna PPO, GHI (not HIP)
|*Clinic fee and sample processing $95|
Please note that insurance may or may not cover the cost of this test if you are asymptomatic or need proof a negative COVID-19 test to travel, return to work, or see your family/friends. In the event the test is not covered by your insurance, you will be responsible for any remaining balance. We advise that you contact your insurance in advance with any questions.
We do not accept cash or checks as payment method. All payments must be made with a credit card during your visit.
* We are providing a unique service, same day results for all COVID-19 tests. Reporting test results the same day allows meaningful quality of care, be it for pre-operative clearance, back to work requirements or a real time need to visit vulnerable friends and relatives with less worry about being infectious.
Insurance should cover the cost of these laboratory tests but does not cover the clinic fee and sample processing. We will bill participating insurance ONLY for the laboratory tests, but all patients will be responsible to pay a clinic fee of $95 at the time of service.
Cigna Insurance no longer covers the cost of antibody testing. All patients covered by Cigna will be responsible for payment for their antibody test on the day of their appointment.
How are these tests administered?
- Multiplex PCR test will be administered by using a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab
- Antibody test will be administered by using a blood sample. This will require a routine venous blood draw.
Your results will be made available to you and your primary care provider/referring physician the same day.
You will be able to register for patient portal once we receive your forms, register you in our system, and confirm your appointment.
- We will not be able to confirm your appointment if you have not submitted your completed paperwork.
- We require that you wear a mask only take it off at the time of your NP specimen being collected. We do not provide masks so make sure to bring your own. Covering you face with a scarf, bandana, or home-made mask is acceptable.
- If you have severe respiratory or other symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider or go to the emergency room.
- Our staff will not be discussing treatment options or providing any recommendation – you should address all questions to your healthcare provider.
- Your test results will be released to your primary healthcare provider, but you will have the ability to access your results through patient portal. If you would like us to release your results to your family member/friend/employer, please indicate this on the form.
- Patient portal registration is required – our office will have limited ability to communicate by phone or email.