Testing will be performed at our new testing center located at:
1285 Second Avenue (Between 67th & 68th Streets), New York, NY 10065
Dr. Bradley A. Connor offers New York residents and workers an opportunity to get tested for COVID-19.
Patients will be accepted by appointment only. Test results will be available the same day.
Patients who have a positive SARS-CoV-2 result will have the ability to participate in a clinical trial. Contact our office at email@example.com to learn more.
Please read the following information carefully:
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2. Most people infected with the COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness. The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is to be well informed about the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands or using an alcohol-based sanitizer frequently. The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through respiratory droplets, discharged from the nose or mouth when an infected person coughs or sneezes although it is possible to become infected by close contact with an individual without symptoms or from hand to face contact from surfaces which contain Coronavirus COVID-19.
Who is eligible to get tested?
- All residents of New York City (ALL boroughs)
- Asymptomatic patients with known or suspected exposure to a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days
- Patients presenting with symptoms of upper and/or lower respiratory tract infection
- Healthcare workers
- Asymptomatic patients who need proof of a negative result to return to work
What steps you need to take in order to get tested:
- Complete this COVID-19 form. Please make sure that ALL sections are filled out – we will not be scheduling your appointment if some of your information is missing or incomplete. You must list a referring/primary care provider who your results should be sent to. We will not be scheduling your appointment if this information section is left blank on your forms.
- Forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consent forms for minors should be submitted for every patient under 18 years of age.
- Make sure to indicate preferred date and time for your appointment. Eligible individuals will receive a confirmation within 24 hours.
Due to high volume of appointment requests, we
may not be able to review your request form the day it is sent. We kindly ask
that you do not call our office with inquiries regarding the status of your
request as we process all forms in the order in which they are received. We try to process all requests within 48 hours of receipt.
- Register on patient portal to make payments, communicate with our staff, and access your results.
- Arrive on time.
The following tests will be performed in our clinic:
- SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Test -VITROS FDA-authorized COVID-19 Antibody Test.
Antibody serology (blood based) tests can identify individuals who have developed an immune response to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These tests can tell whether someone was recently infected with Coronavirus COVID-19 (also known as SARS-CoV-2) whether they were symptomatic or not.
This test measures the SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody, which is most closely correlates with ongoing protection.
- BioFire PCR COVID-19 Rapid Diagnostic Test
The BioFire® COVID-19 Test is a PCR test intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal swabs collected in transport media from individuals suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare provider. This test can also be used to identify individuals who have asymptomatic or silent infection. This is important because those who are infected, whether symptomatic or not, can transmit this infection to household members and others they come in contact with. Positive results are indicative of the presence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA, but correlation with clinical and complete diagnostic information is necessary to determine infection status. Positive results do not rule out bacterial infection or infection with other respiratory viruses and occasionally your doctor may recommend BioFire FilmArray Respiratory Panel to evaluate for other or additional causes of symptoms.
Please consult your primary care doctor to find out which test is right for you.
We accept certain insurances for COVID-19 testing:
- BCBS PPO
- Aetna PPO
- Cigna PPO
- GHI (not HIP)
We do not accept Medicaid, HMO plans, or any insurance plans through Marketplace.
How much do these services cost?
Cost of services for self-pay patients
|COVID-19 PCR Test $220|
|COVID-19 Antibody Test $220|
|COVID-19 PCR + Antibody Test $345|
If you are required to provide an official letter/certificate stamped and signed by a physician, for travel or other reasons, with proof of a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test results, please let our scheduling team know when you schedule your appointment. Please note that a fee of $35 applies.
Cost of testing for patients insured with BCBS PPO, Aetna PPO, Cigna PPO, Medicare, GHI (not HIP)
|*Clinic fee and sample processing $95|
* We are providing a unique service, same day results for all COVID-19 tests. Reporting test results the same day allows meaningful quality of care, be it for pre-operative clearance, back to work requirements or a real time need to visit vulnerable friends and relatives with less worry about being infectious.
Insurance should cover the cost of these laboratory tests but does not cover the clinic fee and sample processing. We will bill participating insurance ONLY for the laboratory tests, but all patients will be responsible to pay a clinic fee of $95 at the time of service.
How are these tests administered?
- Multiplex PCR test will be administered by using a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab
- VITROS antibody test will be administered by using a blood sample. This will require a routine venous blood draw.
Your results will be made available to you and your primary care provider/referring physician the same day.
- You will not be able to use a bathroom at the testing center. Therefore, please plan your visit accordingly.
- We do not accept cash or checks as payment method. You must create a patient portal in order to make a payment, or pay with a credit card over the phone or in person.
- We will not be providing you with any advice on treatment, management of your symptoms, or frequency of retesting (if applicable) – you should contact your doctor if you have any questions. Your doctor will also help you determine which test is necessary for you.
You will be able to register for patient portal once we receive your forms, register you in our system, and confirm your appointment.
- You must arrive on time. All appointments are 10 minutes long, and you will not be tested if you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment. If you use public transportation, please allow yourself additional travel time as trains may run with significant delays.
- We will not be able to confirm your appointment if you have not submitted your completed paperwork.
- We require that you wear a mask only take it off at the time of your NP specimen being collected. We do not provide masks so make sure to bring your own. Covering you face with a scarf, bandana, or home-made mask is acceptable.
- If you have severe respiratory or other symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider or go to the emergency room.
- Our staff will not be discussing treatment options or providing any recommendation – you should address all questions to your healthcare provider.
- Your test results will be released to your primary healthcare provider, but you will have the ability to access your results through patient portal. If you would like us to release your results to your family member/friend/employer, please indicate this on the form.
- Patient portal registration is mandatory – our office will have limited ability to communicate by phone or email.