We guarantee same-day test results
Our RT-PCR COVID-19 test is valid for international travel, pre-op and medical procedure clearance, and return to work/school.
*Please check with your airline regarding testing requirements specific to the country you are visiting.
110 East 55th Street 16th Floor, New York, NY 10022
Please Read the Following Information Carefully
Steps you need to take to get tested:
- Complete an appointment request form located at the bottom of this page. Please make sure that ALL sections are filled out – we will not be scheduling your appointment if some of your information is missing or incomplete. You must list a referring/primary care provider who will be receiving your results.
- Make sure to indicate preferred date and time for your appointment.
- Please submit an appointment request for every individual that needs a test, including children.
- Arrive on time.
We offer the following test:
- BioFire RT-PCR Comprehensive Respiratory Panel RP 2.1
The BioFire® real time PCR test is intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 and other common respiratory pathogens in nasopharyngeal swabs collected in transport media from individuals suspected of COVID-19 or other respiratory infection by their healthcare provider. This test can also be used to identify individuals who have asymptomatic or silent infection. This is important because those who are infected, whether symptomatic or not, can transmit this infection to household members and others they come in contact with. Positive results are indicative of the presence of SARS-CoV-2 or other pathogens, but correlation with clinical and complete diagnostic information is necessary to determine infection status.
BioFire FilmArray RP 2.1 panel tests for the following pathogens:
Our office will provide you with access to your patient portal when you arrive for your appointment.
- We will not be able to confirm your appointment if you have not submitted your completed paperwork.
- We require that you wear a mask at your appointment. Covering you face with a scarf, bandana, or home-made mask is acceptable.
- If you have severe respiratory or other symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider or go to the emergency room.
- Your test results will be released to your primary healthcare provider, but you will have the ability to access your results through patient portal. If you would like us to release your results to your family member/friend/employer, please indicate this on the form.
- For subsequent appointments, please call our office at (212) 988-2800.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this a “rapid PCR” test?
This is a real-time reverse transcriptase PCR test (rRT-PCR). Tests are processed in our CLIA-certified physician office laboratory.
How soon will I get my results?
Results will be available the same day. Our typical turnaround time is 6-8 hours. We can expedite your test results at an additional cost (turnaround time – 2 hours).
Where do I get my results?
Patients will receive a link to set up a patient portal upon arrival to the appointment. Once set up, patients can log in to see their results and will have the option to print or download results. We do not email results due to HIPAA restrictions.
Will this test tell me which variant I have if I test positive for COVID-19?
We offer sequencing services for COVID-19 variant detection. This test is done through a partner lab at additional cost. This service is not covered by insurance. Please note that not all sample cycle thresholds (CT) can be sequenced.
Do you accept walk-ins?
Testing is done by appointment New patients are asked to fill out an online registration form found on our website. Returning patients can simply call our office to schedule.
Do you accept insurance?
We accept certain insurance plans. For more information on insurance and pricing, click here.
What are your hours?
We are open for testing Monday-Friday from 8:30AM-3:45PM. No matter what time you come in, you will get your results by the end of the day.
If I test positive, can I call you for medical advice?
We advise that you call your general doctor for all COVID-19 related questions. If you do not have a general doctor, you can schedule an appointment with one of our clinicians to receive medical advice.
Can I get tested in the comfort of my own home?
One of our clinicians can come to you to obtain a sample. Please call our office to inquire about pricing.
How is the sample being collected?
A nurse will collect a sample by using a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab. We gently swab your nasopharyngeal pathway to obtain a valid sample.
Do you offer saliva testing?
We only collect nasopharyngeal samples (nose swab).
Do you test children?
We test people of all ages, including infants.
Do you offer corporate testing?
Yes, we do. Please call our office at 212-988-2800 to inquire.