110 East 55th Street 16th Floor, New York, NY 10022
Please Read the Following Information Carefully
Steps you need to take to get tested:
- Complete an appointment request form located at the bottom of this page. Please make sure that ALL sections are filled out – we will not be scheduling your appointment if some of your information is missing or incomplete. You must list a referring/primary care provider who will be receiving your results.
- Make sure to indicate preferred date and time for your appointment.
- Please submit an appointment request for every individual that needs a test, including children.
- Arrive on time.
The following tests will be performed in our clinic:
- SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Test -VITROS FDA-authorized COVID-19 Antibody Test.
Antibody serology (blood based) tests can identify individuals who have developed an immune response to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These tests can tell whether someone was recently infected with Coronavirus COVID-19 (also known as SARS-CoV-2) whether they were symptomatic or not.
This test measures the SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody, which is most closely correlates with ongoing protection.
- BioFire RT-PCR Comprehensive Respiratory Panel RP 2.1
The BioFire® real time PCR test is intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 and other common respiratory pathogens in nasopharyngeal swabs collected in transport media from individuals suspected of COVID-19 or other respiratory infection by their healthcare provider. This test can also be used to identify individuals who have asymptomatic or silent infection. This is important because those who are infected, whether symptomatic or not, can transmit this infection to household members and others they come in contact with. Positive results are indicative of the presence of SARS-CoV-2 or other pathogens, but correlation with clinical and complete diagnostic information is necessary to determine infection status.
BioFire FilmArray RP 2.1 panel tests for the following pathogens:
Our RT-PCR COVID-19 test is valid for international travel. Please check with your airline regarding testing requirements specific to the country your are visiting.
How are these tests administered?
- Multiplex PCR test will be administered by using a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab
- Antibody test will be administered by using a blood sample. This will require a routine venous blood draw.
Our office will provide you with access to your patient portal once when you arrive at the testing site for your appointment.
- We will not be able to confirm your appointment if you have not submitted your completed paperwork.
- We require that you wear a mask at your appointment. Covering you face with a scarf, bandana, or home-made mask is acceptable.
- If you have severe respiratory or other symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider or go to the emergency room.
- Our staff will not be discussing treatment options or providing any recommendation – you should address all questions to your healthcare provider.
- Your test results will be released to your primary healthcare provider, but you will have the ability to access your results through patient portal. If you would like us to release your results to your family member/friend/employer, please indicate this on the form.
- Patient portal registration is required – our office will have limited ability to communicate by phone or email.
- For subsequent appointments, please call our office at (212) 988-2800.